Sushi Contemporaty Performance and Visual Arts, founded in 1980, is a San Diego-based nonprofit multi-disciplinary presenting organization, which cultivates alternative voices in the contemporary arts. Sushi is committed to providing its artists and audiences with a laboratory where creative exploration, community engagement, and new ideas flourish.
Sushi’s mission is realized through the following activities:
- Presentation of exceptional local, national, and international artists
- Mentoring of emerging artists
- Coordination of special events and festivals
- Creation of artists’ residencies
- Presentation of educational activities
- Management of a community space